According to Instagram Advertiser Statistics, 50% of Instagrammers follow a business account. Even more interesting for you, 60% of Instagrammers say they’ve found information about a product or service through the application.
And most importantly, 75% of Instagrammers either visit a website, do research, buy a product/use a service, or talk to a friend after being inspired by a post.
This is a great opportunity to enhance your online visibility, acquire new customers and increase your sales – especially if you work in an industry where visual presentation is important. Like beauty and wellness, for example.
To begin, don’t use your personal account. Make sure to create a separate business account instead. This way, you’ll benefit from professional features that will help convert your online visitors into customers. Then, once they become customers,there are other features that will analyze their behaviour.
- As you know, Instagram is an image-sharing platform, so make sure you only post high-quality photos and videos. This may seem like obvious advice, but you’d be surprised how often sub-standard images are used. Remember, everything you share will affect your business image and reputation, so make sure you choose wisely.
- Make sure to add all the relevant information to your profile. This way, your followers will be able to interact easily with your business, or contact you directly if they need to.
As an example, Etiket’s bio includes a business description, a mention of the industry they work in, a link to their website and three separate calls to action: Call, Email, and Directions. (Just in case you’re not aware, a call to action is a button designed to provoke an immediate response. Ex: Call Now)
- Use popular and relevant hashtags that are related to your industry. Why?
Because hashtags extend your reach and make it easier for Instagrammers to find your content. In addition, posts with at least one hashtag generate 12.6% more engagement on average.
How can you think of great hashtags for your posts?
To get inspired, do a hashtag search and see what the most popular hashtags on Instagram are.
You can also follow other businesses in your industry and see what kind of hashtags they’ve added to their posts. Obviously don’t copy them, but definitely draw inspiration from them.
Finally, you can also use a tool to find the most relevant hashtags for your pictures. LikeFocalmark, for example. In just a few clicks, you’ll be able to find the most relevant hashtags for the images you’re sharing. And the tool’s algorithm will provide the most popular hashtags for a specific audience.
How many hashtags should you use?
It’s important to add hashtags, but make sure not to go overboard with them.
A study by TrackMaven shows that posts with 4-5 hashtags generate the most interactions.
You can also create a hashtag that uses your business name. So when your followers share pictures about you, they can add a specific hashtag and mention your business name (@businessexample) at the same time.Not only is it a good way to start creating an online community around your business, butit will also make it very easy to know when someone mentions your business on Instagram.
- Like any other social network, you have to interact with other Instagram users in order to create a community. So make sure to comment on their posts and like their accounts. But that doesn’t mean you should like every account you come across. Instead, find the ones that reflect the values and image you want your business to have and like those.Similarly, you can follow people who’ve subscribed to your account. And if someone mentions your business on their account, take the time to reply. It will show your audience that you’re interested in them and that you’d like to interact with them.
- Use Instagram stories to give your followers a peek at your day-to-day business.
*What’s a story?
A story is a live video shared on Instagram. It’s temporary, disappearing after 24 hours.
Stories are a good way to create relationships based on direct interaction. A study conducted by Social Bakers shows that stories have a positive impact on your overall Instagram performance. After watching a story, a follower is more likely to visit your account and interact with it (by liking or commenting on your photos, for example).
- Use your Instagram account to share useful content with your followers.
Are you a hair salon owner? Make a short video tutorial that features an easy do-it-yourself hairstyle.
Are you a beauty salon owner? Post a short video tutorial about makeup that your followers can easily reproduce on their own.
Are you a wellness center owner? Give advice about nutrition, health and well-being, and provide tips your followers can use in their daily lives.
- Share quotes that inspire and motivate. Learn how to create shareable images that drive traffic by following this guide. (what guide are you referring to exactly?)
You can also share inspirational lifestyle photos.
- You can also post photos that are related to calendar events.For example, during winter,Sephora shared a picture of two products that were placed in snow.
Similarly, Marcellecosmeticsposted a photo featuring lipsticks and hearts during Valentine’s day.
- Post photos of all the members of your team. On Instagram, pictures with people get 38% more likes than those without, and get 32% more comments. It’s a great way to humanize your business.
- Also share customer-generated content about your business and products, and make sure to tag them. Why? Because the content has already been created, and so it’s saved you time. More importantly,88% of people trust online reviews from strangers as much as personal recommendations. Plus, it’s a good way to show your followers that you’re interested in them, which in turn helps you build a closer relationship.
- Share some pictures of your products and make them stand out by displaying them in a creative way.On the other hand, don’t only post product shots on your account. That’ll bore your followers in a hurry.
- Finally, share some stunning Before & After photos. It’s a great way to get people interested in your services.