You now have access to a video conference solution within booxi where you can easily book video appointments and video group sessions. You no longer need to copy and paste video links from other solutions (which you still can do) for each booking. booxi now automates everything. Your clients don’t need to install additional software for video conferencing, they will receive a link in their confirmation and reminder emails and all they have to do is click join.
You will be able to:
- Enable booxi video conference for a service
- Book an appointment with a video conference
- Book a group reservation video conference link
- Use a video conference link as a personnel
- Use a video conference link as a client
- Video conference option
- Screen sharing
Enable booxi video conference for a service
Once your booxi account is enabled with booxi video conference, you can set up any appointment or group service to generate a video conference link.
- Go to the Service list main option
- Select a service
- Click on Service Details
- Set the Location to By Video Conference
- Check Generate video conference link, and booxi will automatically create a unique link per appointment or reservation attendee.
- If you wish to use a different video conference solution, simply uncheck Generate video conference link, and a space for you to manually set a default link will appear.
Click Save, and you’re done.
Booking an appointment with a video conference
When you book a new appointment by video conference, booxi will generate video conference links for you and your client once the appointment is saved. However, you can always uncheck Use video link and manually paste a link to use a different video conference solution.
Once the appointment is saved, the video link will be automatically generated and you can find it in the appointment (both your link and the link that your client will use).
Booking a group reservation video conference link
When you book a new reservation in a group session by video conference, booxi will generate a video conference link per attendee once the reservation is saved. Your video conference link is always displayed at the top of the reservation list and reservations.
The option to use booxi video conference or another solution (paste a link) is offered when you create and schedule the group session.
Using a video conference link as a personnel
Open the appointment or the group reservation list and click on your video conference link just a few minutes before your videoconference. The booxi video conference solution will open in a new browser tab and will be ready to connect with your client or clients.
Using a video conference link as a client
Your clients will be able to find their video conference join link in their confirmation and reminder emails. They simply click on Join video conference, and the booxi video conference solution will open in a new browser tab, ready to connect with you.
Video conference options
The booxi video conference solution does not require installing any software on your desktop or smartphone, it’s ready to use. You will have to allow it to use your camera and microphone and have access to features like join, mute, screen share and some other settings.
- Click on the video conference link (a new browser tab will open)
- Click on Join to start the session
Use the icons at the bottom to mute/unmute yourself, enable/disable your camera, share your screen, and leave the conference.
Use the action menu Γü₧ at the top right to access your settings if:
- Your microphone and audio don’t work, or if you cannot unmute yourself.
- Your camera does not work.
The booxi video conference solution allows you to share your screen with your client, or allow your client to share his screen with you.
- From a booxi video conferencing link, click on the Share Screen icon at the bottom of the page.
- Select the screen you want to share and confirm by clicking on Share
- Click on the Stop Sharing Screen icon at the bottom to stop.
*Screen sharing is not currently available on mobile.
You can also change the camera views to front or back facing by clicking on this icon
* Chrome and Firefox for iOS do not have access to WebRTC APIs, unlike Safari for iOS.
** The isSupported flag returns false for versions 2.0.0 or below. This will be rectified in 2.0.1.