Do the following and get more visibility and more appointments via Facebook :
- Create your Facebook page for local business
- Invite your friends
- Add online appointment booking
- Get visibility on your page by publishing posts
Statistics show that 85% of Canadian Internet users have a Facebook account, which means your customers are there and you have to be there as well. Plus, the Facebook business page is free.
Create Your Facebook Page
- To create a Facebook page for your local business, you must first have a personal Facebook account.
- If you don’t, you can create one here : https://www.facebook.com/
- If you already have a Facebook account, simply log into your account with your email address and your password.
- Then click on Create Page from your account menu (small icon located on the top right of the page).
- Choose the option Local Business or Place and follow the steps.
- Identify your Business by choosing the sector or area of activity that best represents your business and by providing all the requested information. Then Click on the Get Started button.
- Set up your business, starting with the About section.
In this section, you can type category names matching your business activities (to optimize search results), add a description of your service offer, add a link to your website if you have one, and finally reserve your unique Facebook web address. Don’t forget to check Yes to the question that asks if your business is real, else you will not be publicly visible. Then click on the Save Info button.
- Add a profile picture (or logo) from a file saved on your computer or from a website. Once it is done, click on the Save Photo button.
- Then add your page to your Favorites for easier access by clicking the green Add to Favorites button.
- Once it is done, you must claim your business by checking the Claim box, and by checking “I am authorized to represent these Pages”. Then click on the Claim Pages button.
- Finally, identify your Preferred Page Audience, by configuring which people you want to communicate with. Facebook will use this information to better target to whom it will display your publications. Select a choice for Locations, Age, Gender, Interests and Languages, and then click on the Save button.
- And that’s it ! Your page is created !
Invite Your Friends
Now you can invite your friends to like your page by clicking on Promote and then on Invite Your Friends from the dropdown menu.
Add Online Appointment Booking to Your Facebook Page
Add online appointment booking directly on your Facebook page by
Here is a short step by step tutorial to learn how to do it.
Get Visibility on Your Page by Publishing Posts
Now we recommend you to regularly publish posts on your page, in order to keep it active. Don’t forget that you can edit your Page whenever you want. For example, you can regularly modify your profile and cover pictures.
Of course your business Facebook page is a showcase for your actual business, so we suggest you stay professional and pay special attention to spelling.
If you are self-employed and your business Facebook page contains your name, it is good practice to put your personal account in private, to avoid confusion for customers who will make a search using your name.
To find out more articles like this one, we invit you to join the booxi community on Facebook.